Monday, July 12, 2010

A Man

Gideon is at school right now. Drilling things into his mind that he slightly cares about, all for something he really cares about. His family. I slept in until eleven a.m. today. Him? He came to bed two hours after I did last night, about 1:45 in the morning. He was up doing homework. So dilligent. Then he woke up without the slightest hint of a complaint about the sheer exhaustion I know he feels, at 8:00 a.m. Before he left, he woke me up so we could kneel in prayer together to start the day. Ok, I use the word "kneeling" loosely here. For me at least. My heart is a little swollen as I sit here, in my cozy quiet little one bedroom apartment, enjoying the slowness of my day today as he is working away somewhere. I love that man. His hard work and kindness and positive attitude have molded my world into something more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

1 comment:

  1. Great thanks, now I'm crying. Love you. and love him. Love you both together for what you're becoming.

    ReplyDelete