This guy had us laughing every night.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
So Gideon and I finally got to go on our honeymoon. It kinda counted for our anniversary trip too, since it's been a year since we got married. Thanks to my parents for some help getting to Florida. We cruised for 4 nights in the Bahamas. It was so fun to just eat, sleep, and be lazy. Highlights: Getting offered weed in Nassau; being so sunburned after snorkeling that all we could do was lay on our stomachs and occasionally rub aloe vera lotion on each other's shoulders; the waiter who actually picked up my fork and fed me my shrimp; the asian waiter who LOVED saying Gideon's name and so, he said it all the time; the violin player who only remembered certain words to songs. We had a ton of fun. Here are a few pictures.
Friday, August 20, 2010
12 weeks! First pair of maternity jeans. My belly has never felt so free and happy. It doesn't look that big yet, but rest assured it's growing. And sorry about the dazed look on my face; lately I always either just woke up from a nap or else I just look like I did. Can't win.
Things have gotten pretty busy around here. Lots of new things going on:
- I started and stopped the throwing up phase of pregnancy since my last post.
- Gideon finished his second summer term and still has a 4.0 He worked his tushy off for that G.P.A! So proud of him.
- Our little one is now the size of a lime. 12 weeks!
- For Gideon's birthday, I bought him a Wii. It was also an end-of-school present. I am always sore now from virtual boxing and table tennis.
- Ben has been staying with us during the week this month since he has his nursing clinicals down here this month. It's been such a blast hanging out with him! I'm so glad to have at least one of my siblings here.
- Gideon had a birthday (23! Woo hoo!)
- Gid's best friend got married. We got to go to the sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. It was so nice being inside those sacred walls and to feel the peace that comes from being there. I am so grateful for temples!
- We are leaving for our cruise on Sunday morning, so I'd better go pack and get my house cleaned.
Ben and Gideon setting up the Wii. They stayed up until four a.m. playing. Gideon also accidentally threw the remote at the tv while bowling and it knicked the frame. Close call.
Monday, August 9, 2010
We had our first prenatal appointment today. So relieved that everything is going well and the baby sounds like it's doing fine in there. Hearing the heartbeat was so fun and amazing. It feels so real now! Gideon and I keep thinking, "are we old enough to have a baby?" I guess we'll find out in nine months!