Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Relapse

Just when I thought it was over. . .

Apparently I spoke too soon about my vomit days being over. Oh yes, mother nature had quite a different schedule in mind. I started feeling better just days before our cruise, which was such a blessing! I felt fine on the cruise, probably because of all the protein from the seafood and steaks. YUM. Well, we got back and by Saturday night I was covering my mouth with both hands in the parking lot of the movie theater. That was fun.

Today I was working. Finished my second pedicure of the day, which mainly consists of hunching over someone's feet, inhaling the absolutely consuming smell of peppermint foot lotion for an hour. YGUUUGH. That is the sound of "if I smell this one more time I think I might puke." Well, as her nail polish was drying, I discreetly sneaked off the the bathroom to finally do it. When I came out after lots of heaving with plenty to show for it, sweaty and shaky and oh-so-attractive, my co-worker just stood there, pretty grossed out. She had been looking for me. Well, she found me.

I finished her up and then had another client right away, a hair cut. Made it through it, with smiles and "yes i'm fine, how's your day?", all the fake pleasantries we feed to clients. I hope he couldn't smell the lovely stench of oranges and pears the second time around on my breath. Tried to go get some lunch, a cup of noodles and a chocolate doughnut. Now you may not think that sounds healthy or very appetizing, but hey, what the stomach wants, it gets. For the moment. I really thought it was going to stay down as I sat in my car enjoying my meal. Wrong-O! I have never known such shame as being hunched over in front of my car, puking into a pile of bushes that weren't as concealing as I thought, losing my noodles and other things that look almost the same coming up as they did going down. Not to mention, my body seized up so hard in an effort to rid itself of what I thought was good food, that I managed to pee my pants. I don't mean a little squirt. Like, PEED my pants people. All the way through my jeans. It was so great going inside to tell the receptionist I had to leave because I couldn't stop throwing up and because I didn't think it was appropriate to cut my next client's hair with urine running down my legs.

Driving home sitting in your own pee takes you from 22 and mature to 2 years old and wanna cry like a baby pretty quick.

Dear Baby,
Please be nice to me in there. Tell my tummy to take it easy, because I really need to gain back the seven pounds I've lost and put some meat on. I want you coming out cute and fat. Ok? Ok then. Glad we could clear that up.

8 comments:

  1. oooooohhhh oh oh oh my heart is ACHING for you. THIS IS THE WORST PART. By far! You poor poor thing! I hate throwing up! I hope it goes away! Mine got worse at the very end-- around 13 or 14 weeks i was puking a lot and then boom, within a few days it was over. I will pray that's what happens to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the peeing was.. I hate to say... very funny. That's amazing Katie, what a story you have to tell your future children! (and us on girl's night so we can laugh with you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh katie! i'm so sorry. i've been there (even the peeing part...). it's awful. i had to help a patient in the bathroom while i was pregnant...woof. and i always have to avoid salons altogether when i'm pregnant because there are some intense smells in there! the good news is, sick mamas make good babies. it gets better. go read my blog from a couple years ago. it's nothing inspirational, but i did go off on how much i hate being sick a lot! and i like hearing things like that when i am sick (does that make sense?) hope you get feeling better fast! (ps - keep ziplock bags in your purse. they are handy to have in case you have to meet your lunch.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie. I've been there...puking in the bushes at work which is so awesome. This to will pass:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you texted me the other day about that, I was feeling for you!! I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Hope it doesn't last 9 months like mine did!! The baby will grow fine though and will come out plenty plump. Kayla was 8 lb 6 oz and I puked every day for 9 months! Hang in there, it's so worth it, I even WANT to do it again! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie! That is the saddest story, I want to hug you. I'm so sorry :( Just think that it's all for that sweet little baby in your belly. Which by the way is so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS, lady!! That is really awesome and I KNOW you are going to make such a great little mommy. Now get eating and try not to un-swallow anymore. You need a chunky baby so you can kiss those rolls and chubby toes. Ooooo I'm getting so excited for you just thinking about it. If you need any little thing Katie, we aren't that far away from you. Send me a text or call and I can be right there. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best thing to come out of all of this (besides the baby) is the stories! These days we live them, cry over them, laugh about them, and on our knees we thank our Father for an amazing body that is healthy and strong enough to even puke! What power! What strength! And you are going to need it for the raising of the kiddo. Carry on, my girl. It is all you can do at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, whatever happens to your body, the baby is getting priority on vitamins, nutrients, fat and the time of their life. Us on the other hand -not so much. They say that it all becomes a distant memory when the baby arrives. Let's hope that's true!

    ReplyDelete