Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm sorry that I don't have any good pictures lately. I'm growing out my hair; it's awkward. And I'm sorry I don't post more often . . . I decided that the really good blogs are from people who have kids. Children make everything more interesting/funny/cooler. SO. That being said, I just wanted to pop on here and say that I have the very best husband ever. I think most people think that about their husband, and we all have a "best guy for me." Gideon is the one person on the planet who thinks I am so incredibly funny when most just think i'm a dork. I love that he sorts the laundry and I love the way he makes me a sandwich for the day, but puts the tomatoes and lettuce in a separate baggy so the sandwich "doesn't get soggy." Who is that thoughtful? I love it. Last night we stayed up in bed just chatting about random things, laughing so hard. We talked about what we should name all of our babies when we have them, trying to find cool family names. I just felt so happy, laying there, staring at his face that is so adorable and lovable when he smiles. The way he laughs so hard when he things something is genuinely funny. His dimple on the right cheek that only shows up when he smiles a certain way. I don't care that we have four years left of school and student loans; that we will probably have kids with no way to pay for them, that we have to stay up until 1:00 a.m. if we want to hang out on a weekday. I just love our simple, small life that we lead. In spite of the many skeptics who said getting married is a mistake and that it is so hard it's barely worth it, we are BRILLIANTLY happy and couldn't love life any more.

2 comments:

  1. You're happy by choice, Katie. You're positive. That's why I love you so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie, you always get me SUUUPER excited at the beginning of your post because you sound like you are leading into the fact that you are pregnant.....but you arent!!! dang.....

    ReplyDelete