Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Family Newsletter

This is our insert to our family newsletter we do every month on Gideon's side. Just thought it was a nice summary of what's been going on in our life as of late. If you're a Nalder, eat up. If you're a Medley. . . this will be old news.

an old picture, just for the heck of it. ah young love.

Hello everyone! We are still living the good life here in Orem. Gideon is doing great in all of his classes. He LOVES his astronomy class and loves to tell me all about it. He thinks it bugs me, but I really think it's so cute. It actually blows my mind how he can remember everything in such detail. He is also taking a music class, so we walk around the house listening to classical music. It's actually really entertaining, mostly because Gideon starts conducting or doing his own instrumentals sounds. He is always singing, which I love. The other day I was in the beauty supply store, and I usually take Gideon with me when we go. I was alone, but the girl at the counter said to me, "do you know how I remember you?" I shook my head. She said, "you're the girl that has that husband who sings every time he's in here." We laughed pretty hard at that. But even though he studies so hard and works even harder, he still manages to find time to be such a great husband! If we don't get to see each other during the day, I usually come home to a sweet little note from him telling me I am beautiful and awesome, which is always nice to hear. Even though the last image he has of me in the morning is usually the zombie look. What can I say. Love is blind. I quit my job last week and had a nice week off, doing crafts and such. I have taken up sewing (or attempted to do so. Gideon always has to fix the sewing machine for me when I get it all tangled up). It's so much fun to learn though! I have sewed a couple of pillows and Lynn and I sewed a skirt. Thanks again to the whole family for our sewing machine as a wedding gift! I will be starting a new job at a salon in Springville this week though, so I guess my lazy crafting days are over. I will be working as a stylist/esthetician and I'm so excited! Any longer without a job and I think I might have gone crazy, or vacuumed the carpets to death. We're excited that spring is coming, maybe. We got hit with a snowstorm last weekend that lasted just a few days. Hopefully only a few more of those, then we can bust out the shorts and flip flops! No other really exciting news. . . March 10th is our 8 month mark of being married. Crazy how time flies. Everyone told us that the first year of marriage is the hardest. We just keep thinking, "If this is the hardest, then we're in for a pretty sweet life!" It's been so fun adjusting to married life. Gideon is getting used to sharing a bank account with a woman who can never satisfy the shopping itch, and I am getting used to someone wondering where all of my money goes. Just kidding. He eats whatever I manage to cook up for dinner, without comment or complaint (except for praise), and for that reason alone I would love him forever. We take turns doing dishes and I don't mind laundry, so it all works out pretty well. I think the thing that has been the coolest to experience is a married fight. I wouldn't call it fighting, as any of you who know Gideon well know, that man doesn't "fight." We get quiet and disagree. But it really is awesome knowing that whatever we're upset about we just talk about it, figure it out, and we somehow manage to love each other even more at the end of every disagreement. We decided we like this whole "I'll love you no matter what" deal. At any rate, life is good and we are as happy as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment