- Waking up in the middle of the night with someone to snuggle up to
- Coming home from a long day to a big hug and a kiss
- Cooking dinner for someone other than myself
- Nice conversations with the bathroom door open. If ya know what I mean.
- Someone to scratch the unreachable awkward part of your back
- Someone who laughs at all my clumsy moments. But he hugs me too.
- Sleep overs in the living room
- Midnight cake and a movie
- Uncontrollable smiles 24/7
- Budgeting our tiny incomes
First...we had dinner. A success FINALLY. Can't go wrong with a crock pot. I love whoever invented those. But of course, we threw some excitement in there when I realized I couldn't open the canned corn because we don't have a can opener. Don't worry; this man is resourceful.
That's right. He used a hammer to pound open the little can on our doorstep. I hope our landlord's didn't see.
I cut my hand on the shard later. THEN, we decided it was a perfect night for a movie. Since we don't have a couch...
The mattress was our only option. Sleepover in the living room! Then we decided we needed some cake to go with our movie. So finally around 12:30, after baking the cake (and taking it out of the oven with my shirt because we don't have any oven mits yet) and running to redbox where I convinced Gideon to watch New In Town (so cute you should all see it. Good clean fun. PS He loved it), we finally watched our movie and kept laughing pretending like we were on a first date or something.I came home from work tonight and Gideon had me close my eyes and hide in the bedroom until he finished his labor of love. He got it all moved in and washed the cushion covers, vaccummed it out and everything. He even covered it with some sheets because he knew I would think it was yucky (50 bucks at D.I....that screams germs).
This man knows how to keep his wife happy. Vaccuming my sofa? I knew I picked a good one. Then he made me dinner and graciously gave me the last piece of cake for dessert.
The cake had a mosquito on it that I found two bites in. I almost vomited. But it's the thought that counts, right?
And the top pic of the week: