Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, I desperately need to blog. I don't have any pics to post tonight but I keep laughing at strange things in my life and thinking how I need to get them down on paper (or typed up).

Tonight Gideon and I were sitting here laughing so hard at ourselves tonight. It's 11:30 and we are sitting on the floor/couch eating the yummiest avocado we've had in a while. Gideon randomly started singing some old Yellowcard song (this post won't be funny to you if you don't know who yellowcard is). I of course joined in, and before you know it we are both laughing while singing (in an emo, troubled raspy voice) old Yellowcard and Dashboard songs. Then my cousin came out and let us know that in a few years our kids were going to think that this  currently funny situation is so embarassing and not at all funny. We all had a good laugh. It's so true! Gideon and I already do things that we can remember our parents doing and thinking they were so embarassing. Funny how life cycles back like that. I like to think of it as vindication for parents. Eventually, your kids will grow up and deal with their children (or some children at some point) and get their own Karma right back.

In other random but slightly funny news, Finn now has two bottom teeth and is getting very good at using them. I was laying on the couch the other day while he was cruising back and forth along the edge of the cushions. He cruised behind me and I wasn't worried about him. Gideon and I were chatting and all of a sudden I feel two little teeth chomp down on my heel. I screamed and yanked my foot back-good thing I didn't catch the poor guy in the face! He was pretty startled to realize that mommy doesn't like it when you bite her feet. It was so funny though. We had a pretty good laugh at that one.

Also, I am weaning Finn, which is going pretty well except that he keeps trying to "expose me" if you know what I mean, in very public places like relief society and target and such. He just wants to get at those suckers so very much! Poor guy. It's pretty funny/awkward though. I guess you just don't come between a baby and his boobies. Gotta love it.

Well, that's enough updating for one exhausting day. I know I shouldn't complain because lots of tired moms out there are excellent bloggers. . . What can I say? I'm just a one-task-a-day kind of mom I guess. I fed and bathed my baby today (ok, Gideon bathed him) and we even went on a walk. That's enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment