Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Good Ol' Days

So Gideon and I decided that we'd better make the most of these last few weeks of not having a child in tow. Don't get me wrong, we're super excited, but there's some things we won't be doing again (alone) for a very long time. Monday was our day off, so we slept in until 11 (shameful, I know...) spent the afternoon going to the doctor then running a few errands, and by the time we got home I was pooped. So we got a redbox and ordered pizza. What a good night. It was so fun to be lazy and feel like we were dating again (movies on the couch, staying up late, etc ). Tuesday was crazy for Gideon with work and school, so somehow on Wednesday (our other day off) we slept in until 11 AGAIN. We keep saying we'll get up early and get a head start on the day, but really, why?? Soon we'll never sleep again. So we're soakin' it up. We went to the movies Wednesday night and loved it. Gideon only has classes 2 days a week this semester instead of 3, which feels like a HUGE change. Also, his classes aren't nearly as intense. It's been so so so wonderful to see more of each other and really get to hang out together. We went out for Sushi last week and have a few more places on the list to go. Of course, all these nights-on-the-town are funded by awesome coupon deals that we find and/or gift cards from Christmas. Couldn't have come at a better time! By 9 o'clock I'm dead tired and ready for bed, but it sure is fun enjoying the early evening.

Right now I'm washing a load of baby clothes to have ready when we bring this little guy home from the hospital. Also on the list this week: pack my hospital bag. The clock is ticking and I am officially anxious. I'm starting to realize that all the miserable symptoms that come with pregnancy are worth it because, at the end. . . you get a BABY!! We can hardly stand the wait at this point. The other night Gideon was asking me about everything that's going to happen in the delivery room right after I have the baby. (I plan to breastfeed right away, so he just wanted to know when it would be his turn to hold our little son). I laughed and told him he'd get to hold him right away! He was still a little serious and said, in the most loving and sweet tone, "Ok, just don't hog him, Ok?" I love that my little boy has a dad who is desperately in love with him already.

LOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you're getting so close! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute entry! Makes me remember having Alex, which is funny because my latest post is about him :) You're right, a hands-on Dad is the best! And yes, you're kind of miserable right now but don't be surprised when you actually miss being pregnant soon after he is born....as much as you love seeing him in the outside world, it's kind of sad not having your constant companion with you on the inside anymore! That's how I felt anyway. But it's all so wonderful and I'm excited for you two! Love,Dana

    ReplyDelete